[Alberg30] broken tillers?

quest433 at msn.com quest433 at msn.com
Wed May 7 16:49:34 PDT 2003

I broke one during a Wed night AYC race in a Port/Stbd situation years ago.  I was using the tiller extender while steering and sitting between the house and the forward winch as I usually do when going to weather racing an alberg.  Anyway, if I remember right, someone sitting on the low side restricted the tiller motion.  Blew the whole end of the tiller at the tiller extender attachment.  We got it tacked in time and avoided contact but it sure wasn't pretty.   Blood and brushes too which the crew liked.

Jim Mennucci