[Alberg30] Pump Switches

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Tue May 13 12:05:52 PDT 2003

Our PAR freshwater pump has a pressure switch that threads into the pump
chamber.  I'm sure you could use the same switch mounted in the line
after the pump, though you may need an small expansion chamber to make
it all work right.  I bet this switch is available as a spare part, if
nothing else.

Hmmm...  A short search led me to
http://www.jamestowndistributors.com/cgi-local/SoftCart.exe/store/product_pages/ITT-371210010.html?L+scstore
where the price for this particular one is almost $35.  Now I know why
"Prudence" has an ordinary Square D well pump pressure switch in her
freshwater system.  That's another option.

  - George

Mike Lehman wrote:
> I plan to put a deck wash-down pump on our Alberg. I already have a 12v
> Jabsco pump in good condition. I plan to use the fresh water intake
> thru-hull under the galley sink for the supply side. I will run a
> separate circuit to the switch from the panel. When I turn on the switch
> the pump will run. If I use a spray nozzle on the end of the hose, the
> pump will continue to run even though I have stopped the output. My
> concern is build up of pressure causing leaks (or worse) and damage to
> the pump.
>
> Q. Does any one know of a pressure switch that can be installed in-line
> (on the output side) that would open the circuit once the pressure
> exceeds say 10 psi? I have seen pumps with this feature, but I don't
> need a new pump, just the switch.

   Hope your road is a long one.                        George Dinwiddie
   May there be many summer mornings when,       gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
   with what pleasure, what joy,                 http://www.Alberg30.org
   you enter harbors you're seeing for the first time;
                                            from 'Ithaka' by C.P. Cavafy