[Alberg30] Anyone own a Mast Mate?

Brian and Elaine Timmins timmins at optonline.net
Sat May 17 17:20:31 PDT 2003

   This description is appropriate to the ATN Mast Climber as well, except
the ATN puts both "custom" ascenders onto one line. There is no real problem
with the ATN system IF you can raise your heels to touch your backside.
Otherwise, it's slow but still does work. If you've got thighs that are
sometimes described as "tree trunks" like I do, it takes a while to get to
the the top.
   OBTW, I also own a Captain Al's mast ladder. It's ok (small letters) if
you wear shoes with built up heels. The typical boat shoe sneaker with the
smooth transition from sole to heel might allow your foot to roll the PVC
step treads. I never felt comfortable usimg this ladder.
Brian    ex#497