[Alberg30] Fuel tanks

schuylki at vanent.vanebros.com schuylki at vanent.vanebros.com
Tue May 20 13:15:16 PDT 2003

>that is less than 7 inches wide at the
top, as anything larger really blocks off the hatch to the cockpit locker
on
my, older model, boat.

It was a long time ago I replaced my tank with what must be the mirax
model, and I don't have access to the boat to check measurements, but I
don't think width was critical to the fit. It doesn't interfere with
storage in the STBD locker at all. I remember the hardest part of the
install was hose clamping the hose to the tank because of the short
distance between the fuel fitting mounted on the deck and the neck of the
tank. It's a straight drop in, makes it easy to sound the tank and I
usually suck a little fuel off the bottom of the tank as part of spring fit
out with my oil change pump.

Anyway, I know it's an 18 gal. tank on the older model Alberg.
I've always wanted to mount a 1X4 or so frame around the tank to attach
hooks to to hang decklines from. My STBD locker has become a line locker,
but the stuff usually lays in a jumble in the bottom. Maybe some day...

Michael