[Alberg30] Bottom Paint

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Wed May 21 11:26:40 PDT 2003

As long as you're using compatible paints, you shouldn't need to remove
the ablative paint before repainting.  Just get it smooth.  If it's
building up too much, you're painting too often.

  - George

Hansen, Richard D LTC Student wrote:
> Thanks George.
> Had also thought about "priming" bare deck spots with same bottom paint to
> smooth variation.  More importantly, what I understand from you is to keep
> remainder of bottom paint on the hull...don't go to the trouble of taking it
> all down to the fiberglass...to save that project for another year.

   Hope your road is a long one.                        George Dinwiddie
   May there be many summer mornings when,       gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
   with what pleasure, what joy,                 http://www.Alberg30.org
   you enter harbors you're seeing for the first time;
                                            from 'Ithaka' by C.P. Cavafy