[Alberg30] Packing nut/seal for prop shaft

Tom Sutherland sutherlandt at prodigy.net
Thu May 22 19:02:42 PDT 2003

Richard,

Bronze would be best. If it is a 7/8 in. shaft as mine is I expect the
threaded portion will be 5/8 in. and the thread will be "Am. standard 11
threads per in."

If there is a hole for a cotter pin at the end of the shaft you may want
to buy a "castle nut" which would eliminate the need for the double nut.

You could also go with the "Prop nut zink" and kill two birds with one
stone. This comes with a zink as well as a new bronze castle nut for the
end of your shaft. See on page 412 in West Marine master catalog ...
item (model #) number 132573.

Tom S
A-30 #412 InCahoots