[Alberg30] spinnaker and spinnaker pole

J Bergquist j at ship.saic.com
Mon May 26 08:29:59 PDT 2003

Michael-

good luck finding a used pole. I tried for a year, with no real success.
Maybe I didn't look hard enough. Finally I just gave up and bought a
pole blank from Fawcett's (about $175), then bought end fittings that
were on sale at APS. I built a 2.5" diameter pole. That's what most
folks said was good. They may still have some trigger fittings on sale
at APS. check out http://www.apsltd.com

My problem with the used poles is that Bacon's has a lot of stuff, but
they never have exactly what you're looking for. Their poles were
usually too short (too long would be fine...I could just cut it). Or
they were in really bad condition. My eventual conclusion was that you
should just build yourself a new one. It's gonna cost you about $250.

There is the off chance that someone reading this list has a pole they'd
be willing to part with. I am hopeful for you.

Sorry I didn't make the race this weekend. I was racing in a 5o5 regatta
which got canceled both days anyway because of wind (none) and fog
(lots). We still had a good time blasting around the harbor with no
visibility on sunday. Scary but fun...

I hope y'all had a good time in St. Mikes!

ciao