[Alberg30] REPLACING MY VOLVO 10HP

schuylki at vanent.vanebros.com schuylki at vanent.vanebros.com
Tue May 27 16:37:42 PDT 2003

>Sails, well right now I have

When I rigged Checkmate for offshore (nothing as ambitious as your plans) I
put a second set of reef points in the main and ordered a working jib with
a set of reefs along the foot. I've used the 2nd reef point of the main
several times never the jib reef. I figure it approximates the sail area of
a storm jib. kinda reassuring to have another reduction of sail if needed.
Working jib and two reefs in main sails comfortably (if that is the term)
up to about 35-40 knots close reach.

Michael