[Alberg30] standing rigging, and hatches

Matthew Hay haymatthew_ at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 16 07:56:58 PST 2003

I have owned my Alberg for two years and have addressed and fixed many of
the systems.  But I have done nothing (or even really looked at) the
standing rigging.  This year I stepped the mast when I hauled out.  What
problematic signs should I look for in my chain plates or standing rigging
while I have the mast down?  I was thinking, I should disassemble and look
at the different parts of the stainless rigging and chain plates?  For all I
know it is the original standing rigging.  Also, has anyone replaced their
forward hatch with a manufactured hatch?  I have been looking at Lewmar and
was thinking about using them for the forward and lazzerette hatches.  If
anyone has done this, I would be interested in the size and model# that you
used, and if you used a regular or mid or low profile hatch, and flange or
no flange?
thank you very much,
Matt #314

Send a QuickGreet with MSN Messenger