[Alberg30] Transom Ladder Length

Alan Slater alanslater at telus.net
Wed Nov 26 21:22:33 PST 2003

Hi Randy,
Last year we bought a 4 step stainless steel lader from West Marine. It had the round head screws that fit into the deck clips, But I was not comfortable adding the clips to the deck, so I covered the ends with those rubber pipe ends instead to just hook over the gunwale. While sailing I stow the lader on the stern rail, as I can reach it from the water, unfold it  and climb up If I had to. While swiming or using the dingy we just hook it over the side.
We went with the SS one because we found it to be the most sturdy of any other we found. It did cost a bit more, but I feel it was worth it, as It should last a lot longer than the aluminum ones.

Alan Slater
#358 Romp