[Alberg30] For your consideration

Don Campbell dk.campbell at sympatico.ca
Sun Nov 30 09:48:01 PST 2003

Algerers
    George is not normally in a position to say what is below. I seem to
be able to put my foot into my mouth and then just keep changing  feet.
    I know sailors like to harvest the wind since it is free. Just think
how old your sails are! Sailors often  think everything else should be
free too. However, sometimes it is best to pay a little and get a good
value for your dollar.
    It is getting close to the end of the year again and that means
membership renewal time  for both the Chesapeake and Great Lakes  Alberg
Associations. This public list is maintained  and paid for thanks to the
Chesapeake Bay Alberg 30 One-Design Association, Inc. Most of the advice
for repairs, construction, and parts locations come from members of one
or both of these Associations. Neither are very expensive to join.
Membership requirements are not overwhelming, even if you are on the
executive of either Association.
   The information and help you receive from this list is well worth a
contribution of $50.00 a year even if you are never able to participate
in the sailing program, but that will surprise you too, considering the
distance these associations try to reach. For those of you who are not
yet members of either Association, it is now time to join one  to
support
1.) an organisation that maintains a class boat that you own,  now
considered a Classic,
2.)  sites like this one with access to people who have done the job
themselves and will help you through it saving you time and money well
beyond membership dues,  and
3.) to become part of  the Alberg family.

Contact George Dinwiddie through this list for the CBAODA or Taylor
Echlin at  echlin at interlog.com      for the Great Lakes Alberg
Association.

Don