[Alberg30] hull #

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Sat Nov 8 06:13:59 PST 2003

That's a USCG Documentation number.  I ran a check on that number at
http://www.st.nmfs.gov/st1/commercial/landings/cg_vessels.html but it
wasn't found.  I'd guess that's because the documentation is lapsed.
You might contact the USCG Vessel Documentation Center and see if they
can look up that number.

You say there's no identification plate.  Do you see two small
screw-holes in the exterior bulkhead under the companionway?  That's
were the builder's plate would be.

Is there any number impressed into the upper starboard corner of the
transom?  Boats from 1973 onward have that HIN.

Are there any numbered sails on board?  Does the boat have an interior
fiberglass liner?

  - George

P.S.  You need to subscribe to the list, or you'll miss most of the

   I think how evening follows morn;            gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
   So many I love were not yet born.
                                             'The Middle' by Ogden Nash