[Alberg30] Questions:

schuylki at vanent.vanebros.com schuylki at vanent.vanebros.com
Sun Nov 16 03:17:22 PST 2003

>under side of the lazarette cover showing a line
>with a clasp on the end of it hanging down.  What is its purpose?

Guessing-to hold the cover up by wrapping around the backstay while you
are shoveling things in/out of lazarette? We use the area to hold trash
bags more than anything else.

>While priming the stove
>alcohol goes down into the burner pan area and burns off.  Is this
>normal?

In a word, yes. the idea is for the priming to get the burner hot enough
to vaporize the alcohol It is the vapor you are actually cooking with on a
pressurized stove. My advice is to ditch the homestrand ASAP. The Orego is
foolproof, burns hotter, non pressurized (I had continuous problems with
the pump on mine towards the end of it's life). the two burner inset
variety sets very well in the existing space. And it makes a great
Christmas gift-Although my wife didn't think so when I gave her one...

Michael Grosh