[Alberg30] Hello from New Alberg 30 Owner

Dave Terrell DTERRELL at message.nmc.edu
Wed Nov 19 06:25:17 PST 2003

I think looking at Haarstick is a good idea. I had some very helpful
conversations with them and can recommend them based on those
conversations. I am having my new sails made locally by Quantum partly
because Steve suggested it was a good idea. He said his market area is
in the east, and if I had a problem with the sails - however unlikely
that might be - it would not be easy to provide service. As a guy who
takes seriously the notion that one should measure twice and cut once,
his advice made a lot of sense. I think if I lived out east, I would
have done business with them. The people at  Haarstick came off as very
smart people who were committed to building an excellent product. Their
approach to testing cloth is particularly impressive. I would give them
a careful look.

>>> capricebob at yahoo.com 11/18/03 05:07PM >>>
Thanks for the info on the sail maker.  I'll look into it.  I'll
definitely need a bit of luck to get everything done in time.  Hopefully
Mother Nature will be more gentle this coming spring.

Thanks Again!

Melissa Currier <mcurrier at spinrx.com> wrote:
Wow, that's quit a list. Best of luck getting here ready for your trip.

We have done several of the projects you are contemplating ourselves.

You may want to consider Haarstick for you sails. They are a little
more
expensive than your typical cruising sail, but they are really built
last. I got caught in a serious blow last summer with main and chute
flying... they came through beautifully! Steve Voorhis has been a
great
resource for us too... haarstickchesapeake at comcast.net

Enjoy!
Melissa Currier
#57 Infinity
#458 Daybreak

> Hello Everyone!
>
> My name is Bobby and I just wanted to say greetings to everyone out
here
> in C-space. I've learned much from reading the emails here. I
> appreciate it. Last winter I purchased an Alberg 30, Hull number 388
-
> Caprice - she needs a little TLC. It was a joy sailing her this
summer
> even though the season really sucked in Boston.
>
> Now that I've finally joined this list, I shall try and throw my two
> cents into the mix. My experience is limited but like my stomach, it
> grows daily. Some projects I've already completed on Caprice
includes:
> New thru hull fittings and sea cocks for the galley and head,
installed
> a new head, a holding tank under the port berth, Y valve, manual
pump
> and vented loop.
>
> My partner and I are planning a season in the Caribbean next year.
The
> get the boat ready we are planning the following projects: update
the
> wiring, add new breaker panel, add wind generator, install the Cape
Horn
> windvane, replace standing and running rigging, install SSB, procure
new
> main and 90 % jib, fix dinks, and make her pretty.
>
> I look forward to your kind suggestions and guidence and I will be
happy
> to offer my experience in my undertakings.
>
> Bobby

********************
Melissa Thompson Currier
Tel: 410-990-9855
Cell: 443-871-4602

I don't know about you, but my most insightful and profound thinking
is
done under the influence of chocolate. My exclusive source for the
"good
stuff"? http://www.anstinescandy.com

| This Old Boat by Don Casey |

Include command "unsubscribe