[Alberg30] Catch-22

Alfredo alberg30sail497 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 29 15:10:14 PST 2003

Wow, sorry to hear about Matchmaker.

The prop can be removed by turning the rudder all the way to either
side. Loosening the bolts and pulling the prop out. When I did this in
the summer of '02 I had to use an "impeller-type" puller to get the
prop out.

GoodLuck
Alfredo

http://www.geocities.com/nj95gxe/Cutlass_Bearing_Housing.

--- Bill Blevins <billblevins at mac.com> wrote:
> I removed the rudder today. How do you remove the rudder post without
> removing the prop first? How do you remove the prop without removing
> the rudder post?
>
> Bill Blevins
> Sabrina #158
>
> Also, Matchmaker was dismasted last night on the Bay near Windmill
> Point when that cold front came through at about 7 p.m. The boat went
> over on it's side and when the main was cut, the boom went vertical
> and twisted the foot of the mast from the deck and over the side.
> Everyone is fine though cold I hear. Boat was towed into Reedville.
> Probably be looking for a mast over the winter. Anyone have any ideas
> on finding a new mast cause this one's bent in the middle?

Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now
http://companion.yahoo.com/