[Alberg30] Tiller delamination

William Wallace tristan at one.net
Sun Nov 23 15:33:27 PST 2003

I have the same exact problem with my 1962 Rhodes Meridian, WATERMARK.
The tiller is composed of alternating layers of dark and light wood,
and is in good overall shape with the exception of much of the tiller
is delaminating, as if the glue finally failed.  I plan to dissassemble
it as much as possible, clean carefully, sand, and rebond with West two
part epoxy, then clamp until dry. I will then sand it to the bare wood
and give it ten coats of interlux Schooner Varnish with UV inhibitors...

Scott Wallace