[Alberg30] Tensioning Dual Stays

Brian and Elaine Timmins timmins at optonline.net
Wed Oct 1 15:32:41 PDT 2003

Calvin,
   I'm in basic agreement with the comment that someone made that you won't
be able to get enough tension on either the forestay or the furler  to make
the boat point into the wind as she should. You should try to discover why
the original forestay remains before you do anything drastic like disconnect
it. Is it possible that the furler installation is not up to par?
   So long as you have the rigging tight and you don't REALLY care about
upwind performance, GO SAILING !!!!! Based on your Email name, I assume
you're in Toronto. Sail now for the season will end sooner than you think.
You can work this out over the winter.
Regards,
Brian    ex#497