[Alberg30] westerbeke 20B

Peter Amos p.a.amos at tesco.net
Fri Oct 3 14:57:34 PDT 2003

Yves,I have the M3 20B and it is a good power unit, ample power for the A30
Its major drawback is the location of the dipstick. In my boat #478,a liner
model,it is very difficult  to replace it after checking the oil level as it
is on the starboard side and tight to the engine compartment bulkhead.You
have to see it to believe it.
It is advertised as a replacement for the Atomic4 but as you have already
had one change out you would have to check the engine bearers carefully as
they may have been modified for you present unit.
If you havent already looked try www.westerbeke.com for lots of information
on the 20B and 3 20B
Peter Amos
Tait Tait #478