[Alberg30] Twin Headstays

Jeanne jinnii at worldnet.att.net
Tue Oct 7 17:59:12 PDT 2003

Stephen,

Sorry about not being clear.  The question  relates to what type of back
stay  tensioner works w/ an A30.  The  turnbuckles with wheels are
expensive ($300+) and I do not want to split the back stay to use one of
those triangular pull down  adjusters.  Hydraulic adjusters cost more
than a new set of sails.  Does anyone use a block and tackle (similar to
a strong boom vang) to twang the back stay?

Roger Kingsland