[Alberg30] Twin Headstays

schuylki at vanent.vanebros.com schuylki at vanent.vanebros.com
Wed Oct 8 13:10:03 PDT 2003

>a very large bra.  It has a triangular  frame about
>the size of a small head sail made up of Dacron strips about 1-1/2" wide
but
>only the lower half has sail cloth inside the frame.

Sounds to me more like a rig for heaving to. the idea is to throw the mess
in the water and let it hold the boat's bow into the wind

About the headstay idea: how about a foil type roller furler (it basically
slides over the existing stay, with modifications) and then have a tape
for that foil added to your present sails. Not sure about staying in class
with the foil, but it sure looks efficient

Michael