[Alberg30] New Sail 2

Dave Terrell DTERRELL at message.nmc.edu
Mon Oct 13 12:12:05 PDT 2003

Thanks - I am sure that it is not class legal for racing. I do not
intend to race the boat except maybe in PHRF and that is unlikely. While
I do not intend to sell the boat, I know it always important to think of
the next owner when one makes changes.

the question is and I  think many people could give me some insight, if
I get dacron sails from Haarstick, for example, how long will they
likely retain their shape. I would like to purchase a set of sails that
will really last and vectran will do this but not inexpensively. Any
thoughts would be much appreciated? I know we have a lot of experience
with this issue. any input will help me sort this question out.

>>> larmor at myexcel.com 10/13/03 03:04PM >>>
Dave,

Beware Vectran may not be class legal for one design racing.  I think
Dacron is still your best bet for a boat this size.

Larry Morris
Solstice #501