[Alberg30] Boats available

Mike Lehman sail_505 at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 13 19:18:37 PDT 2003

I went to see "Incredible" today. She took a beating on the port side. >From the after lowers to the coaming the deck/hull joint is completely gone. There is about a 2-4" wide gap where the joint was ripped away. The most impressive part was the center port stanchion was pushed through the deck. Below decks the cabinetry is busted loose. It is not damaged but it is unattached. The topsides on the port side is banged up pretty good. Also the fantail cap rail piece is shot.

How to fix:

  1.. remove all deck hardware.
  2.. remove mast and rigging.
  3.. repair deck and deck/hull joint
  4.. repair and paint topsides
  5.. Paint deck
  6.. replace deck hardware
  7.. replace toe-rails and fantail
  8.. re-install cabinetry (re-finish while out of the boat)
  9.. re-step mast (paint while down, previous paint job is badly peeling)
  10.. go sailing
A nice little winter project. I took plenty of pictures, which I will give to George.