[Alberg30] hull and deck joint

Alan Slater alanslater at telus.net
Wed Oct 22 09:08:00 PDT 2003

Roger,
Yes and also;
A machine screw generally has a screw head - flat, ovat, round, hexagon, etc. with a slot , philips, robinson, etc. drive.They are theaded full length, and  the diameter ranges between #0 through 3/4".
A bolt generally has a hex or square head for holding while the nut is torqued or it might have a head that is prevented from being turned as in a round head, track bolt or plow bolt. A bolt is not necessary threaded full length, and the diameter ranges from 3/8" and up.
I'm sure there is more to it than ths, but then there also a "cap screw"

Alan

p.s. I think a "machiene bolt" is a French version of above.