[Alberg30] More on Tanks

Hiesener, Michael hiesenerm at stripes.osd.mil
Wed Oct 22 09:34:27 PDT 2003

Roger,

I do not believe you would want to convert a water tank to a waste holding
tank.  A water tank is not designed to be used as a holding tank.  You will
want to purchase a new tank.

The area under the port side v berth works well... the drawback is that you
lose that area for storage.   One of the problems of using the area where
the forward water tank currently resides is that you would end up with a
long hose run from the head to the holding tank...You do not want waste
sitting in the hose.  Using the area under the port v berth allows you to
have a short run of hose from the head to the tank.

We recently did this on a early model boat without a liner.  Feel free to
contact me with any questions.

Best Regards,

Mike
Terrapin #254