[Alberg30] More on Tanks

Hiesener, Michael hiesenerm at stripes.osd.mil
Wed Oct 22 11:42:05 PDT 2003

Roger,

We experimented with installing PVC pipe for part of the installation last
year, but it was a hassle to get it to work and still required the use of
some hose.  Lack of flexibility and multiple points of failure are major
issues.  And it's just easier to use the sanitation hose for the
installation.

All Tanks are not created equal.  Water tanks are thinner than waste holding
tanks.  The type of plastic used may be different as well.  It's one thing
if your water tank fails....It's a whole other ballgame if your holding tank
fails.....yuck! We installed a completely new sanitation system on Terrapin
last year.  Including a new head, hose, pump out fitting, and a tank(14 gal)
that fit nicely under the port v berth.

This is not a fun project, and I would highly recommend taking the time to
do it right.

Best Regards,

Mike
Terrapin  #254