[Alberg30] Lowering mast from deck

James Schueler jschueler at familyempowerment.org
Fri Sep 19 08:27:57 PDT 2003

Hi,

Would anyone have any ideas on how I can safely lower the mast to the
ground from the top of the deck?

I was considering attaching 6 lines to the mast with the lines on each
end wrapped twice around the bow and stern pulpits in order to control
the rate of descent. The middle 4 would aid and support.

It seems to me that the pulpits would be able to handle this as the mast
is now sitting on them anyway, but I don't want to damage anything in
the process.

The boat, which I just purchased, is sitting in a field with nothing
nearby to use as support.

All ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,

James