[Alberg30] Re: Hurricane aftermath

gordon white gewhite at crosslink.net
Sat Sep 20 04:31:40 PDT 2003

Here on the lower Bay (Deltaville) I don't think there was much boat
damage. A LOT of boats were hauled. We stayed in the slip out back. The
surge was about six  feet. Aside from losing the dock box and one (of
two) port bow lines, no damage. Good thing we doubled the lines. Washed
out the electrical boxes with fresh water and the electricity on the
pier seems ok. (we have a generator. No utility power yet in Middlesex
County.) The phones were out for about 20 hours but are back now. They
were very noisy for a while. My cell phone tower must be down. The
community water system is down.
    Worst damage here since '33. At least 150 trees in this 30-home
community are down. Six houses have trees on them. We had to chain saw
our way out of the subdivision.

- Gordon White
 Brigadoon (275)