[Alberg30] Re: diesel

Roger L. Kingsland rkingsland101 at ksba.com
Fri Sep 5 08:29:21 PDT 2003

Mike;

Now I am really jealous.  What kind of fuel consumption do you have?  What
is your flat water speed at cursing RPM (2,600?)?

Speaking again of water skiing, have you seen those pocket cursers (I think
by McGregor) that have large outboards (40-50HP) and hinged aft hull
sections that extend hydraulically.  They change the hull shape so it can
plane like a power boat.

I was anchored behind Locust Point in the Rhode River (near those islands
with the highly descriptive, albeit not too creative,  names of Big, Flat
and High) a few years ago when I looked to the east and saw a sailboat mast
(the point blocked the hull) coming up river at about 25 knots.  Very
strange because I had only had one beer.  It turned out to be a rather
unattractive, boxy sloop of about 22 feet.  Sort of like the sailboat
version of a bass boat; go like hell, go slowly, go like hell, go slowly, go
like hell; well, you get the picture.

Roger Kingsland