[Alberg30] Re: diesel

J Bergquist j at ship.saic.com
Fri Sep 5 10:37:01 PDT 2003

When I was in High School, I have personally waterskiied behind a Hobie 18.

2 skis...no slalom

And I could tell you a scary story about a MacGregor 26... Maybe over a
beer sometime.

Speaking of planing sailboats, after the first day of racing at last
year's NOOD, Tim W. and I watched some powerboat towing an Etchells at
about 20 knots. There was so much spray, we could barely see the
sailboat's hull. I couldn't tell if it was a Soling, an Etchells, a
J-22, or a Melges 24. It was a frightening sight, and I'm not sure how
the powerboat managed to avoid being skewered by the etchells when they
slowed down...

Only one more thing...I have to put in my plug...

SPEAKING of planing sailboats, you should take a ride on a 5o5 sometime.
You know who you are.

;-)

J Bergquist
Calliope #287