[Alberg30] Beach Boat Burning

Bill Blevins billblevins at mac.com
Mon Sep 1 17:51:35 PDT 2003

Tall Timbers Marina does boat salvage work and a few times a year (Memorial
Day, the Fourth and Labor Day), they pull an 25-35 foot wood boat out to the
beach, fill it with more wood and then toss in a couple of hand-held flares.
(They have another old boat that they cut off at the waterline and the
bartenders serve drinks all around from the inside. Band, boat burning,
booze, beach...)

It's a fun time. We actually went back out to our raft up after dinner and
watched the fire from the boat last night.

We had five wonderful days of sailing.

Bill Blevins
Sabrina #158