[Public-list] (no subject)

Manza, John LtCol manzaj at tacom.army.mil
Mon Apr 26 07:08:31 PDT 2004

I am going to install some deck hardware this weekend.  Specifically, I
am going to put a block on each side of the mast step in order to run
the main and jib halyards back to the cockpit.  Based on what I have
read about rotting of the core at the area of the mast step, I am
concerned about causing water intrusion at the point of the
installations.  What options do I have?  Could I actually install the
blocks on the mast at the base?  Does anyone in the group know the
thickness of the cabin top in the vicinity of the mast step?  Looking
for some advice before I start drilling!

John Manza
Jante II
# 150