[Public-list] Mast Beam & Mast Step

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at min.net
Sat Apr 24 11:23:34 PDT 2004

Jim,

It sounds like the deck core has rotted under and around the mast step.
  I don't know any alternative but to recore that area.  I don't think
that injecting resin provides a good long-term repair.  Best to grind
out all the rotten balsa and do the job right, in my opinion.

  - George

   I think how evening follows morn;            gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
   So many I love were not yet born.
                                             'The Middle' by Ogden Nash