[Public-list] Engine Beds

Matthew Hay haymatthew_ at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 26 06:41:34 PDT 2004

Thank you Mike,
I remember a year and a half ago when I started this project you were
helping me!  Now I have finally reached the advanced stage of putting the
engine in.  ha ha such fast work!.  The mechanic put an isolator on the prop
shaft to help with vibration.  And he also is welding custom feet to make up
for the height problem with the shaft alignment.  His new feet are going to
be flexible and use rubber just like the ones from the manufacturer.  I
think at this stage he seems very confident and he has been working on it
for a long time, this is not a quickie job.  I will probably get a second
opinion and then go with his method.  I do not think that I could afford to
pay someone to replace the beds at $90 an hour.  I would have to transform
from a musician to a mechanic and try and do it my self?  It would then turn
into a Laurel and Hardy episode.
Thank you Mike,
Did you launch yet?  I am jealous!