[Public-list] Polishing Bronze

Jim Davis a30240 at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 26 17:22:12 PDT 2004

In a former life I sailed on a 110 foot ketch out in Hawaiian waters.  The owner liked the bronze kept all bright and pretty.  We tried varnish, spray lacquer, wax, STP and a whole raft of other things.  The bottom line is there is only one way to keep it glowing.  Polish the damn stuff every day.

I prefer to refer to the pretty dark and turning green finish as "Sea Dust"  It looks better every year.

Jim Davis
S/V Isa Lei
CT 35

"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night
in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find
that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous
men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it
possible.
- T.E Lawrence, "The Seven Pillars of Wisdom"