[Public-list] Mast Beam & Mast Step

Peter Amos p.a.amos at tesco.net
Sun Apr 25 00:03:18 PDT 2004

Tait Tait has exactly the same symptoms,indentation behind the mast step
topside and bulge in cabin ceiling liner aft of the support beam.Next time I
have the mast unstepped I intend to cut out an area about 15" square around
the mast step and fill it with glass mat and resin.
Is there a reason why the mast step is not set squarely above the beam as
this seems to be a contributing factor to the problem.
I would also like to add my thanks to George,the absence of this forum was
giving me withdrawal symptoms.George,if you ever plan to be in Kent in the
U.K.let me know.I will buy you more than one or two beers,but they may be
warmer than American ales
Peter Amos
Tait Tait #478