[Public-list] LPG standards

Jim Davis a30240 at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 16 18:26:26 PDT 2004

Roger

You need to read these.  They are the standards for LPG on boats.

1.  USCG requirements for LPG http://www.uscg.mil/d14/units/msohono/references/cfrs/sub%20t/part184.htm#240  Subpart B.

2.  It is possible that your library has, or can get NFPA 302  The bible for pleasure craft fire safety standards.

3.  "ABYC A-1"  Marine Liquified Petroleum Gas (LPG) Systems http://www.abycinc.org/standards/purpose.cfm

These are what need to be complied with when doing a LPG installation in the US.

I have used copies from the Annapolis library and borrowed them from a surveyor fried of mine.  Good luck.

Jim Davis
S/V Isa Lei
CT 35

" If man does find the solution for world peace it will be the most revolutionary reversal of his record we have ever known."

George C. Marshall