[Public-list] Re:anchor windlass

Gordon White gewhite at crosslink.net
Fri Aug 27 11:08:29 PDT 2004

We installed a manual anchor windlass and find it is a great help in
lifting a 40 pound  anchor out of the mud. We arranged it so the rode
fed down the chain pipe directly into the anchor locker. I suggest a
trial mount on a piece of plywood, moving it around to see where you
get  best access to it and, if it is a manual model, so you can operate
the lever without conflict with other things - Before cutting any holes
- having found that the bilge pump and the electrical outlet we
installed could have been better placed....

 - Gordon White, Brigadoon II