[Public-list] sailing

Roger L. Kingsland rkingsland101 at ksba.com
Mon Aug 2 08:26:01 PDT 2004

Dan,

As you know, I don't have any sailing stories but your note further entices
me to put the little boat (Tonic, 1962, Rhodes 19) on the River this fall.
"PERFECT intentions" is save and sound in the factory and we won't be able
to launch until spring of next year.  So, why not take some time out from
renovation to actually sail.   Fall is the best time to sail on the rivers
in Pittsburgh; best wind and the motor boats are mostly gone by mid October.

One problem, the motor is shot (my fault).  Does anyone know where I could
get a used 4 or 6 HP outboard on the cheap?

Roger

Roger Kingsland
Chief Boat Boy
PERFECT intentions, A30 #148
on the hard at N40° 33.945' W79° 51.260'

Author's Disclaimer; This email was produced exclusively by the sender and,
in the interest of expediency, without the benefit of editing by others.
The sender, thank goodness, is a much better architect/sailor than
speller/editor and, frankly, constantly laments an obvious flaw in "spell
check," it does not know what the author is thinking.  Please accept the
sender's sincere apologies for any "typos" that may appear in this document.
If present, they are certainly unintended and hopefully do not cloud the
message, or spawn any unnecessary lawsuits.

> ok, it is now august. can someone tell me they have been sailing. i am
tired of thru hulls, sanding, varnishing, heads and holding tanks, wiring
and motors. let me know that boats can and do get out on the water. nice
little overnight trip maybe with steaks on a grill and a cocktail or two
after dinner?