[Public-list] Grey Marine Questions

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Mon Aug 9 08:37:12 PDT 2004

On the Atomic 4, the points are set to 25 thousandths for the Delco
distributor and 18 to 20 thousandths for the Prestolite.  I'd bet the
Greymarine is similar.

Are you getting a spark?  You can check by pulling a plug and laying it
on top of the engine, or pulling a wire and sticking a screwdriver (with
a well-insluated handle) in it and holding it near the block.  Either
way, you should be able to get a nice bright spark while trying to
start.

If you've got a spark, suspect a fuel issue.  Otherwise, besides the
points, look for wires that have come loose or gotten pinched while
replacing the points.  It's real easy to do.

 - George