[Public-list] Aluminum Tanks

Roger L. Kingsland rkingsland101 at ksba.com
Mon Aug 16 09:41:31 PDT 2004

Albergers,

I am planning on building metal tanks under the aft end of the V berths.  Port would be for holding tank and starboard for water.  Each should hold between 16 and 20 gallons.

I have access to some 1/8" aluminum sheet that is easy to work and seems to be the right gauge.  I recall hearing some negative comments on the page RE aluminum tanks.  Are there problems w/ aluminum tanks and ways to mitigate them?  Is there a particular type of aluminum I should use?  Are there any sources for design specs anyone can recommend?

Thanks,

Roger Kingsland