[Public-list] diesel conversion

C.B. Currier cbcurrier at spinrx.com
Tue Aug 17 04:12:08 PDT 2004

First,

I gather that this motor is a european motor not distributed much in the
US. I see its distributor in the US is Great Northern Supply and the list
price is $6000 approx with taxes etc.

I suggest looking at other manufacturers due to the limited aspect of this
motor. Repais & parst will be more difficult to come by and for the price
you could find a nice beta marine or other diesel.

I am a fan of the beta due to the fact that its foundation motor is the
Kubota diesel. This means that repair parts can be found anywhere
construction equipment can be found. I.E most places.

Also, there are diesels out there that can be close to drop in
replacements for an Atomic 4. If you are going to repower it makes a lot
of sense to find a motor with a similar form factor.

Good Luck,

--
C.B. Currier
Infinity #57