[Public-list] Leaky Water Tank

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Tue Aug 17 07:52:55 PDT 2004

I don't know what the previous owner did, but the water tank is
generally formed by the two sides of the hull and a third fiberglass
wall, topped with an aluminum plate.  The aluminum plate is riveted on,
and the source of most leaks.  Sometimes there are other leaks, too.

The usual fix is to remove the top and rebed it using screws rather than
rivets.  While having the tank open, I would also fillet all the joints
and coat the inside of the tank with epoxy.

The hardest part will be the removal/replacement of furniture to gain
access.

 - George