[Public-list] Universal 5411

Peter Amos p.a.amos at tesco.net
Wed Aug 18 12:47:22 PDT 2004

I have a Universal Westerbeke M320b.On mine the oil pressure switch is
located close to the oil pressure sender.What you may be looking for is a
screw in plug with two spade terminals on top.When the motor has built up
some  oil pressure
the switch closes and feeds 12v to the electric fuel pump.
I had a Sherwood pump leaking a couple of years back and the local (Fort
Myers Beach) Westerbeke dealer told me replacement seals were not available
and the pump had to be changed!When the new and very expensive pump arrived
I fitted it and found the inlet and outlet ports were reversed.If you have
to buy a new pump and the water does not flow keep it in mind.
If you do find a source of replacement seals I would like to know as I still
have the original pump and the could make it a working spare.
Peter Amos
TaitTait #478