[Public-list] Boat Trim

David Fisher liquid_addiction at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 18 18:55:39 PDT 2004

Roger, set into the gelcoat should be a mark around the intended waterline.
Mine became apparent after stripping the old antifoul.

When I head out to sea I move my chain form the anchor locker to under the
cabin sole to get the weight out of the bow.  Obviously this can't be done
for shorter trips or where the anchor should be kept ready to set in an
emergency, but for passages I find this improves the motion.  My boat is
currently trimmed too far aft but despite this, unloading the bow improved
her feel.  One day I guess I'll get serious and sort her out properly, I
guess when I learn to live with much less stuff...

Hey, what experiences have you had trailering.  I'm intrigued by the idea.