[Public-list] rambing on my knees (and chain plates)

sousa, stephen (ENG) sousa_stephen at emc.com
Thu Aug 19 13:28:36 PDT 2004

Roger,

The breaking strength of 1 X 19 stainless wire is as listed below: I
upgraded the upper shrouds and forestay/backstay to 9/32" which will accept
a 1/2" pin in the turnbuckle. I can't remember what I did with the lowers, I
can measure these next time on the boat. The other upgrade if you are doing
chain plates, we had the shop use 316 stainless 1/4 inch plate which was
passivated along with the new port frames. These were all laser cut so I do
not have any seams from welding. Hope this info helps.

3/16"	4000 pounds
7/32" 5350
1/4 " 6900
9/32" 9400