[Public-list] Anchor Handling

Meinhold, Michael J MICHAEL.J.MEINHOLD at saic.com
Wed Aug 25 11:54:36 PDT 2004

I did the 'thumb test' for compression - on 1 and 2 I could not keep my
thumb on the plug hole while cycling the starter. On 3 and 4 I could. There
was no obvious water or oil. Since both were failing similarly, Don Moyer
agreed it was likely the two communicating through the failed gasket. I had
hope to be able to see the failure, but the gasket got ripped apart getting
the head off.

I had suspected blocked exhaust, and took the hot section off and cycled it
with the same result.

Anyway, I will be getting a couple of ounces of carbon out of the engine!

mike