[Public-list] Cutlass bearing size (revisited)

FINNUS505 at aol.com FINNUS505 at aol.com
Sat Dec 4 21:06:48 PST 2004

In a message dated 12/4/2004 8:28:14 PM Eastern Standard Time,
sousa_stephen at emc.com writes:

Drilled
dimples into the bearing and seated the set screws into the  bearing using
Loc tight.

Hi Stephen,

How did you avoid damaging the threads for the set screws while drilling  the
dimples?

Afraid of doing just that, I test fitted the bearing first and made marks
where the dimples had to go, then pulled out the bearing for the drilling, then
put the whole thing back together. Would have been alot easier if I knew
there  was another way to do it!!!! :) Share your technique, for next time.
Thx,
Lee
Stargazer #255