[Public-list] Examining chain plates

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Sat Dec 11 14:32:28 PST 2004

Since crevice corrossion tends to take place in areas where stainless is
wet, the point at which the chainplates pass through the deck is the
most likely spot for problems.  You can easily unbolt them one at a time
to pull them out for inspection.  They're all bolted to bulkheads and
knees that are accessible below.  And if they're held with the original
1/4" bolts, it's a good opportunity to increase the size to 5/16".

  - George

   I think how evening follows morn;            gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
   So many I love were not yet born.
                                             'The Middle' by Ogden Nash