[Public-list] Companionway Door

Jay Davenport jay at saildriver.com
Tue Dec 14 15:38:00 PST 2004

Michael,

I took the pieces of mine to a cabinet maker & told him to make me a new one. It wasn't cheap, but it didn't cost much more than the parts and varnish, etc. for a do-it-yourself kit.

Jay Davenport
Revolution, A30 #526

"Meinhold, Michael J" <MICHAEL.J.MEINHOLD at saic.com> wrote:
My upper, vented half of my companionway door disintegrated this spring, and
I have been living with my "temporary" plywood replacement all season (some
of you have seen it - not attractive). Now it's time to obtain a
replacement.

I have the pieces of the old door so I have the dimensions. Can I get stock
pieces and assemble one? I do not own a router.

Has anyone else replaced a door?

Thanks,
Mike
Rinn Duin #272