[Public-list] rub rail

Patty J Timbuktu5555 at webtv.net
Tue Jul 6 19:43:35 PDT 2004

First of all my rub rail has been replaced before (4 yrs ago) and  has
SS bolts or screws rather than pop rivets.  Second I don't think the
entire rub rail needs to be replaced, it's just the out edge that is
cracked.  I have been getting some locals here who have experience
repairing the problem and they think I can use West Systems 2 part epoxy
and a few C clamps, then do some finishing work.  I wish  my camera
wasn't on the fritz so I could send a picture.  Will try to borrow one.
The damage is outside of where the SS bolts are so I won't have to
remove or replace them.   Thanks for your reponses.
Patty